Current applications include CORS, survey and mapping, precision agriculture, intelligent driving, unmanned vehicles, mechanical control, precision timing, IOT and wearable devices—along with a number of industrial use cases.
For robotic use outdoors’s GNSS provides a range of accuracies, depending upon the application, from sub-meter positioning down to decimeter and centimeter levels in real time. When combined with other sensors such as INS, vision and radar robotic navigation can be realized in many complex environments.
The use of positioning algorithms such as RTK combined with electronic map and path planning, GNSS can accurately position and orient robots along the desired route. If fitted with a single antenna, GNSS can accurately provide the position and movement direction of a robot or if fitted with dual antennas, GNSS provides both position and orientation of a robot. even when even when stationary. Unicore Communications provide a range of compact, cost-efficient products which support either positioning or positioning and orientation respectively.
Products Used in Robotics
GNSS positioning modules or chips, as the core component of In-vehicle Infotainment systems, provide position, speed, and time information. GNSS position and speed measurements are integral, especially with respect to moving map navigation. With the evolving complex road environments in cities, dense road networks, urban canyons, increased traffic, and an abundance of multipath causing surfaces, higher performance requirements are being put on the GNSS technology and products. This combined with the electromagnetic environment in the vehicle also requires GNSS products to have better anti-interference capability and reliability.
For automotive applications requiring meter level positioning down to decimeter level, Unicore offer a range of automotive certified boards or modules.
High-precision RTK positioning provides centimeter-level position and speed information, and when used with a dual-antenna heading receiver determines the direction of the vehicle. It can be integrated with inertial devices to provide high frequency position velocity attitude and time information, ensuring 100% continuous operation even if the GNSS signal is blocked.
Unicore Precision products offer features features such as high precision and orientation combined with low latency ensuring the high reliability and safety of autonomous vehicles, suitable for low-speed operations in parks (logistics vehicles, cleaning vehicles, shuttle vehicles and the like running in parks), intelligent driving passenger cars, intelligent driving freight trucks and other large-scale applications in different scenarios.
Products Used in Intelligent Driving
Archived Products Used in Intelligent Driving
Agricultural machinery (driven or autonomous) equipped with GNSS is widely used for many different agricultural tasks today, from soil analysis, seeding, planting, ploughing, fertilization, weeding, harvesting and so on. GNSS provides position information accuracy of 1-2cm, and optionally orientation or heading accurately, assisting with the functional and safe operation of farm equipment.
Autonomous agricultural machinry rely on the high-precision GNSS navigation and positioning to control the automated driving of agricultural equipment. This autonomy allows for 24/7, any weather operations which greatly helps in improving farm efficiencies.
Products Used in Precision Agriculture
With the use of dual, tri or quad-frequency GNSS RTK technology, Unicore's high precision yet cost effective receivers can achieve positional accuracy of better than 2cm along with heading accuracy of 0.2° or better and velocity accuracy of 0.03m/s. These specifications help secure Unicore precision products as a natural choice of integrators building products for marine navigation, antenna pointing / alignment, machine control, agricultural machine automation and a variety of other markets.
Additional product features in the heading realm include:
1. DUAL-RTK Solution enables the single-board positioning and heading receiver to provide dual-RTK calculations. The second RTK engine uses signals from the slave antenna to carry out additional RTK calculations. This is useful when the master antenna is blocked during operation and cannot perform RTK positioning. The DUAL-RTK solution provides high-precision RTK position information for the slave antenna.
2. INSTANT HEADING algorithm utilizes synchronized, symmetric, multi-path mitigated observational data to process single-epoch ambiguity to provide instant heading. INSTANT HEADING introduces multi-system, multi-frequency, carrier wide and narrow lane integrated algorithms, such as automated ambiguity search, cycle slip detection / repair and multi-path error detection. Data from all tracked constellations ensures the usability and reliability of the derived heading.
Additional functionality include features such as:
1. RTK-KEEP, allows the receiver to output accurate positions for periods of up to 10-minutes after the loss of base-station corrections.
2. U-GNSS, is a proprietary processing algorithm which supports all available signals from multiple constellations and frequencies and improves RTK processing.
3. URAIM, with an excess of GNSS space vehicles exceeding 100, this greatly increases RAIM algorithm workload. URAIM is an adaptive intelligent error detection algorithm, which significantly reduces the probability of false and missed alarms in traditional RAIM algorithms. It quickly detects abnormal satellites in both open and harsh environments, ensuring effective and reliable positioning.
In response to the needs of the surveying and mapping sectors, Unicorecomm has designed and produced a range of compact cost-effective high-end GNSS OEM products designed to meet the accuracy, stability, and reliability requirements of the industry.
Products Used in Surveying & Mapping
Positioning trackers need to be small, lightweight and consume low power, yet the data provided from these devices, such as GNSS position, speed and time needs to be always available. When an application sends a query instruction, the communication module needs to respond quickly after receiving the instruction and provide data (positioning) immediately. These devices may be checking the status of people and pets in real time to prevent loss or accidents. For smaller positioning chips, fast positioning ephemeris service is the focus of the positioning tracker.
Unicore offers a multi-GNSS SoC (system on a chip) featuring ultra-low power consumption and extreme miniaturization which significantly improves the tracking ability of the device. ensuring faster and more accurate positioning even in harsh signal environments.